Sunday 21 March 2010

Am sitting reflecting on what has been a fairly manic weekend, which up till now has not included a lot of sitting. Friday, was the culmination of quite a few months of planning and general madness, which I haven't had the chance to process until now. For a variety of slightly unexpected reasons I inherited the organisation of a phatfish gig. The gig was primarily aimed at youth and students and was a joint venture between NFI churches and FNX (a termly youth event). It was great fun to be a part of, but have been challenged and have learnt things that I really didn't expect, not just in the run up to the gig but in the days following it. 
Have just managed to get over the post gig blues. I'm sure the general feeling of being lost, dazed and confused was partly due to impending exhaustion, but it did make me stop and wonder how I had managed to fill myself with so much busy that I felt a bit empty after the gig. I think that feeling was actually an opportunity  from God to stop and reflect on the experience of organising something like this, to consider the impact it had on the youth and to pray that we would see much fruit from it. Unfortunately it took me quite a lot of time to figure that one out, but am now putting that post gig feeling to good use, or at least I''m trying to. 
Still lots to learn, feedback to receive and process, much to consider about my ability to delegate and what it means to lead but the main thing is the young people who attended really seemed to engage with what was going on, the gospel was proclaimed faithfully through some amazing songs and hopefully some people have made some steps towards getting to know the God who made them and loves them.
All in all an awesome weekend ......

No comments:

Post a Comment